ELCEN®: Integrated Enterprise School Management Software
About ELCEN® School Management Software:
ELCEN® is a Windows® based comprehensive school management system that can work in a networked environment where it connects to all teachers and users within. It can also work in a single computer and deliver the required results. In a networked environment teachers can be able to mark exams online for their classes and then it will be possible to do electronic ranking for all students. This method ensures that the records are saved electronically for current referencing and future queries.
It is available for primary and secondary schools or as combination of both (Can also be used by other advanced school based institutions) and currently has the following modules:
- Register Master for Teachers and Students
- Class Management
- Fee Management
- Library Management
- Inventory Management
- Ledger Accounting
- Budget Accounting
- Ledger Reports
- School Reports
- Data Imports and Exports from Microsoft Excel or text files
ELCEN® is a real time integrated system whose purpose is to ease the burden of record management, report management, and student tracking from teachers and let them concentrate on their primary objective. It also relieves the management the trouble of the manual system by enhancing stream-lined operations, better administration control and smart revenue management. It meticulously achieves this by simplifying complex and complicated tasks to a mere click and scroll on the computer!
ELCEN® is easy to use and very customizable such that all your requirements will be easily met.
ELCEN® Feels & Looks Elcen is User friendly:-
- Windows based with consistent interface throughout its modules.
- Common tasks are grouped by user menus.
- Can customize window screens and colours.
- Learn one window and know all approach.
ELCEN® has the following key features highlights
Register Master for Teachers and Students
- Personal Details
- Passport Photos
- Contacts and Relatives
- Discipline and Punishment Details
- Past students and teachers are archived and details can be viewed
- Freelance notes that can be used for;
- End Term comments for students
- Academic qualification for teachers
- Behaviour, Merits, Awards
- General information that needs to be known
- Student list Maintenance
- Daily Attendance
- Subjects & Exams
- Time Tables & Time Management
- Teacher’s Time Schedule
- Online Result Markings
- Ranking by subject
- Ranking all by class stream
- Ranking all by class group
- Maintains Fee Structure By Class Groups
- Generates Due Fees & Balances
- Collecting Daily Fees
- Collect Fees by Batch Journals
- Fee Deposits from Banks
- Import Fees From Excel /Mpesa payments sheets
- Fee Statements for Students
- Secure Fee Adjustments for Special Cases
- Refundable Fee Management (e.g Caution Money & Pocket Money control etc)
- Maintain Library Item Details
- Flexible & strong search capabilities
- Lend and Receive Back
- Stock Library (Stationery can be Included)
- Issue stationery to Students
- Stock Taking
- Maintain Publisher and Author Lists
- Import Books, Acquisition and Stock Taking Sheets
- Maintain Inventory Item Details
- Stocking & Replenishing
- Issuing formal Stationery to students & teachers
- Selling snacks, toiletries, uniforms, books etc to students & teachers
- Lend and Receive Back or Charge for Lost items
- Item Classifications & Barcodes
- Item Packaging Types & Locations/Warehouses
- Item Stock Reorders & Quantity Management/Control
- Item Stock Listings & Reports
- Asset Register & Reporting
- Suppliers Management among many other features
Ledger Accounting & Budget Control Includes;
- Ledger Journals & Transactions Entry
- Recurrent Transactions
- Import from Excel
- Account Reconciliation
- Asset Register & Asset Depreciation Control
- Budgeting & Budget Checks
- Ledger transactions are integrated with school fees
ELCEN® accounting is flexible and allows you to structure your own chart of accounts by giving broad blocks on which to build on. A template chart of accounts is provided to give you a good start. Available functionalities handle all aspects of financial accounting, budgeting, reporting, consolidation and transaction processing with the appropriate internal controls.
ELCEN® Reporting Ledger Reports:
- All standard Reports
- Trial Balances
- Balance sheets
- Income & Expenses Statement
- Transaction Reports
- + Many Others
- Exam Results
- End of Term Reports
- Class room reports that include;
- Class Listings
- Class Performance Rankings
- Student Attendance Reports
- Class Time-Tables & Schedules
- Student Reports that include;
- End of Term Student Performance Reports
- Fees Invoices & Balances
- Fees Structures
- Teacher Reports and many other reports
ELCEN® comes with standard reports and queries and users can add more or request more from service providers.
ELCEN® runs report files produced using Crystal Report Writer and does not have hard coded reports within it which mean that all reports are independent files that can be customised for the users or by the users themselves. There is a selection of rich standard reports that are deployed by the system. Users can add own reports to the list if they have report writing knowledge of Crystal Reports. Additional reports can be sent to users on request.
Outputs from reports can be printed or saved as :
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Texts
- WEB Pages
- Microsoft Excel
- Acrobat portable documents
- Send by Mail
For example the system automatically generates member statement on any of the above format such that users can be sent statements as mail attachment and thus saving on paper.
Data Representations (Exports & Imports)
ELCEN Data Representation :
- Remittances can be exported and imported through Microsoft Excel or Text Files
- Easy in data entry and allows storage of recurrent and repetitive transactions so that they are used again without re-keying. This saves time and ensures accuracy.
- Has all standard reports including those requested by regulatory bodies.
- Can Import and export data to Microsoft Excel, Word, Internet, Acrobat and universal rich text format.
- Unlimited number of standard and customizable reports.
- No Limit in number of users, students, teachers, classes, or transactions.
- Has immense audit control on all records including creation date, modifying date, by who and when.
- Does not limit you in the amount of data, both current and historical that you can store.
Fee payments can be entered one by one or within a journal batch where several are entered before being posted. Journals can be imported from Microsoft Excel or text files to be processed and posted. They can be retained as recurrent such that they are re-used every periods with minor changes. The Excel Importing is very advanced and users can design worksheets with formulas and forms that resemble their own office documents.
- Security is implemented by use of passwords and users restricted to user groups.
- Access to Data and Windows restricted to grouped roles & profiles that defines the specific roles & functions of an individual or particular individuals
- The system keeps an audit trail of all transactions
- Teachers Can be Restricted to Own Classes
ELCEN® System Requirements
ELCEN® employs client server technology where it is installed in a user computer and is independent of the database to be used. The same software connects to multiple databases either of any type. The user makes the choice of where the data is stored and can e IBM DB2, Oracle or Ms Access databases.
Oracle and IBM DB2 are used in a network environment and for medium and large organisations. They allow hundreds of computers distributed locally or within a large geographical area to access data. Software licences and the databases are bought separately for large organization with large number of members. however, there are free Express editions that can be used for small and medium companies and have all functions of licensed full products.
- The client can be installed on any PC running on any Windows version released after year 1999.
- A Pentium PC with over 256 MB memory and over 20GB hard disk is preferred. Higher specifications personal computers will deliver better performance. We recommend memory of 512MB or above and disk space of 60GB or above for optimum performance.
- Oracle and IBM DB2
Oracle and IBM DB2 are supported and should be installed in a Pentium 4 or above Server or workstation with a memory of 512MB or above and at least 80GB hard disk or above. The server should be running Linux, Unix or Microsoft Window servers. We recommend memory of 1G and above.
- Flat Database MS Access Compatible
Ms Access compatible is a flat file database and can be placed in any server taking into account of available disk space for current and future growth.
Any configuration of TCP/IP network will work. Local Area Network may work with any number of computers as long as there is enough server memory. Bandwidth of remote connections should be adequate and will be determined by the number of remote connections. Small bandwidths will make remote computers respond slowly.